You missed it? Too bad.
Mo Willems believes author talks should be experienced, not documented. So during yesterday’s visit to the Cambridge Public Library, after posing for a brief photo shoot, he asked everyone in the audience to refrain from taking photos or video. Or “I will shame you.” His words, not ours.
- Willems reading the latest Elephant and Piggie Book Let’s Go For a Drive!, complete with in-character voices and interpretive freestyle dancing
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! was Willems’ first published book, but he wrote his first book at the age of 7 or 8, about a superhero named LaserBrain
- Willems refuses to dictate whether Knuffle Bunny should be pronounced with or without the “k,” because it’s “awesome” when people argue about the right way to say the word
- Willems told us, you can ask me anything you want…and I’ll answer anything I want!
- The art of storytelling is about making stuff up from the truth, so when teachers announce it’s story-time, what they’re really saying is it’s “lying time.”