I noticed people often reveal their TBR pile to show what reading experiences are looming on the horizon. My TBR pile is daunting at the moment, so I’m going to take some deep breaths and present my ABR (already been read) pile.
- Cosmic by Frank Cottrell Boyce (read Millions and wanted more)
- M is for Magic by Neil Gaiman
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman (saw Neil at CPL and thought I should give his adult stuff a try)
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
- Father’s Arcane Daughter by E.L. Konigsburg
- A Proud Taste For Scarlet and Miniver by E.L. Konigsburg
For those who’ve read these books, which title do you recommend I plunge into first?
- Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman (This was a fun, quick read. Funny, too!)
- The Woman Who Walked Into Doors by Roddy Doyle (I thought I’d try an adult book of Doyle’s, because I liked A Greyhound of a Girl so much. Doors is dark, much sadder, and kind of confusing unless you’re familiar with Irish slang and society. I am not.)
- Millions by Frank Cottrell Boyce
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (Some things don’t add up, but I’m convinced Rory, the main character, is a literary manifestation of the author!)
So, what’s in your TBR and ABR piles? Any suggestions for how I should go about shifting books from TBR status to ABR?